The Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) student business organization of the DMACC Urban Campus recently participated in the State Leadership Conference held at Wartburg College in Waverly on March 25 and 26. Students competed against other Iowa college students in business related events, receiving both individual and chapter awards.
The chapter awards include a first place finish in the Largest Chapter category. The advisers for Phi Beta Lambda are Joe Hanson and Dan Hilgers.
The PBL place winners include:
- Larry Harvey of Des Moines placed first in Justice Administration and second in Cyber Security.
- Debbie Wisecup of Ankeny placed first in Payroll Accounting and second in Business Law.
- Ade Rosya of West Des Moines placed first in Marketing Analysis & Decision Making and fifth in Microeconomics.
- Bill Little of Des Moines placed first in Management Concepts, second in Human Resources Management and fifth in Business Law.
- Tammy Rude of Des Moines placed second in Job Interview and second in Sales Presentation.
- Faro Ruffino of Des Moines placed second in Accounting Principles and third in Microeconomics.
- Maggi Sanchez of Waukee placed third in Hospitality Management and third in Information Management.
- Bruce Harland of Des Moines placed third in Retail Management.
- Anita Harvey of Des Moines placed third in Justice Administration, fourth in International Business and fifth in Information Management.
- Vickie Leach of Des Moines placed fourth in Information Management.
Students who finished in first or second place in their events can travel to Orlando to compete at the PBL National Leadership Conference this summer.
For more information, contact PBL Advisor Dan Hilgers at 248-7219.