For almost 50 years, DMACC has been a leader in providing Criminal Justice Associate Degree education. The CJ program is designed to provide a general criminal justice education with academic emphasis in
- law enforcement
- homeland security
- electronic crime
The Criminal Justice Program's mission is to meet the needs of the citizens of the State of Iowa and their criminal justice agencies. This is accomplished by:
- Providing students with a broad-based liberal arts education to help prepare them for the rigors of the criminal justice profession.
- Preparing students for entry level positions in various criminal justice professions including law enforcement, corrections (including probation and parole), homeland security, electronic crime investigation and private security/loss prevention.
- Helping to establish partnerships between DMACC and area federal, state, county and municipal criminal justice agencies.
- Providing a foundation for AA or AAS degree students to continue their education at 4-year academic institutions.
- Enhancing knowledge about the criminal justice field.
Become a member of the Criminal Justice Club