To begin, you need to make sure DMACC is the right program fit for you. There are several programs throughout the country, but you have to find the one that is right for you. If you want a program that only offers lectures and minimal hands-on learning, then DMACC is not the place for you.
DMACC offers students the following:
- Hands-on activities and discussions to assist in the learning process
- Various instructional methods to include on-campus and funeral home based options
- Newly renovated facilities, including a state-of-the-art preparation room
- Simulated funeral directing experience including arrangement conferences, visitations, and funerals
- Embalming experience to include at least 25 cases
- Practicum experience at licensed funeral home
- Iowa Law Included in Curriculum as required by the Board of Mortuary Science
To see more about how these items enable the DMACC Mortuary Science program to stand out, click the following link: The DMACC Difference
Now that you have decided the DMACC Mortuary Science Program meets your needs as a prospective student, here are some links to get you started on your path.