In partnership with DMACC, UNI offers 2+2 degree programs for students who are place-bound and cannot move to the UNI campus or students who are changing careers.
The University of Northern Iowa (UNI) and DMACC offer an Education Bachelors degree opportunities through 2+2 programs.Students take classes at DMACC Ankeny, Boone or Carroll campus(es), based on proximity to the campus. UNI classes are offered at these 3 DMACC campuses by UNI faculty either face-to-face, via ICN or via eLearning. There may be times students will need to visit the Cedar Falls campus [example: labs, Convocation, Graduation, etc.].
The following Education 2+2 programs are available at the DMACC Carroll and Ankeny Campuses:
A degree from UNI means affordable academic excellence. For more specifics, browse through our website or visit www.uni.edu/2+2.
Benefits of 2+2 Programs
- Students take classes as a cohort (group) enabling them to offer each other support academically and personally.
- Faculty develop 2+2 programs that are the same as on-campus programs.
- A UNI faculty member/coordinator is onsite at one community college with plans to provide similar support at other campuses to better serve students in their home community.
- Student teaching placement and supervision is done through UNI's statewide network of student teaching centers. Full-time UNI faculty supervise student teachers.
- Qualified, degree-holding 2+2 graduates stay in their communities, work in area jobs, and earn $4,000-$12,000/year more after receiving a B.A. degree.
- UNI staff in the program departments, Admissions, Financial Aid, Continuing Education, and other Support Services are prepared to help 2+2 students.
See what past 2+2 Students Have to Say about the program Click here...