Welcome to the Disability Services Office website. Browse this website to learn more about Disability Services at DMACC.
Services and resources include:
- Accommodations for students with disabilities
- Information about and referral to other agencies, such as Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services and Department of Human Services
- DMACC Counseling/advising services
- Disability Services Orientation for new students
- Individual orientations covering physical access and early registration
- Academic success workshops
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Definitions for Service Eligibility
The ADA defines a person with a disability as a person who:
- has a (1)physical or mental impairment which (2)substantially limits one or more major life activities;
- has a record of such an impairment; or
- is regarded as having such impairment.
Otherwise Qualified Applicant for Admission or Student with a Disability is a person who is qualified for receipt of educational opportunities, public adult educational services or other services, in that he or she satisfies, with or without reasonable accommodation, all of the academic and technical standards, essential eligibility requirements and other applicable educational related selection criteria.