Welcome toDMACC Veterans Services!
If you indicated on your application for admissionto DMACC that you are either a veteran of U.S. Military Service or a member of the Iowa National Guard or U.S. Reserves, and believe you are eligible for veterans education benefits, this site is for you!Or, perhaps you checked that you are a family member of someone who matches one of the above situations. DMACC is a Service Members Opportunity College (SOC) and our career and degree programs are approved by the federal Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for VA education benefits.
Don EnrightisDMACC's Veterans' Services Coordinator, and islocated in Bulding 1, on the Ankeny Campus. Don serves as the student'sliaison to the Department of Veterans Affairs, and is a resource to other DMACC departments and services. Contact him to activate any veterans' education benefits for which you might be eligible.
Before youcontact Don, there are some things you should do first to save time. The following checklist will help guide you through the process:
- Visit the VA web site at www.gibill.va.gov to learn what benefits are available to you.
- Determine which VA benefits chapter you qualify for. Go to "Apply For Benefits." Go to "Post 9/11 GI Bill & Other Programs." Check out each category to determine your VA Chapter. Make note of your chosen VA Chapter forfuture reference.
- If you have not applied for your VA education benefits, do so now.Go back to Apply for Benefits.Complete and submit the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP).
- Visit DMACC's websiteto learn about other benefits related to your military service that might be available to you. Click on Benefits Available To You, including State of Iowa Veterans Benefits.
- Complete the DMACC VA Services checklist. Please provideyour complete social security number on the checklist. DMACCcannot process your benefits without that information.
After you have received your admissions acceptance letter from DMACC, follow the steps on the DMACC Veterans checklist. If necessary, email or call Don(see below for contact information) to make an appointment.
You may be a student transferring to DMACC from another college where you received Veterans benefits. If so, complete theDMACC VA Services checklist, then contact Don Enright at515-964-6278, email@example.com.
You will find that DMACC is a Military-Friendly college with staff who are very supportive of all of our students who do wear or have worn the uniforms of America's Armed Forces, and their families.We look forward to meeting with you and getting you started on receiving your VA education benefits here at DMACC.
You will find the following information on this site: